Monday, September 15, 2008

smiles...sitting...and crying...oh MY.






This past weekend was quite eventful in the Ogilvy family. Patrick and I shot our first wedding since having Hayden. It went pretty well, and it was nice to get back into the "groove" of things! Sunday I decided to take on the task of shampooing our carpets. Brave, I know. I did much of the furniture moving with Hayden in the carrier strapped over my shoulders. She's very into being held these days. :) As of tommorow, she will be 9 weeks old. We go for her 2 month well baby check up on Thursday... I'm eager to see how much she weighs! A few days ago, she started holding her head up REALLY well. She's getting so big! She's starting to smile more and more... well, when she's not testing her lungs out, anyway! I'm about 98% sure she's got "colic", which... for those of you who have experienced it know, is quite fantastic. :) She cries for several hours in the evenings... and refuses to go to sleep, unless you are bouncing her. And as soon as you stop... her eyes pop open. Little stinker! We started new medication for her reflux tonight. The other stuff quit working as well... so the Dr. switched her over to prevacid. Keeping our fingers crossed that this will give her more "relief". I'm posting some super cute pictures of Hayden holding her head up, smiling... and spending quality time with her Mommy & Daddy!

4 comments:

Team Powers said...

So..do you get to shower as often as you used to? I find myself realizing its 3pm and I havent even showered! hahaha..all worth it, of course!

Anonymous said...

okay, first of all... love the cindy loo hoo pics! cracked me up! secondly, i hope the medicine works! i can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have a colicky baby.
thirdly, i've heard that the mobi wraps (for carrying babies) are really good for colicky-ness (is that a word?) and it's easier on your back. if i had to carry one of mine around all the time, i'd definitely get one!

Heather said...

I just can't believe she's 9 weeks old already!! Great pics! Hope the refulx and colic gets resolved!!

indyhumes said...

I am so excited you have a blog...I am kinda addicted!